The perfect way to show off your amazing puzzle is to frame it for your wall, so you can continue to admire the artwork you just pieced together.
Framing your puzzle masterpiece can either be done by professionals or you can do it yourself. At PieceHouse we recommend that you use professionals to frame your puzzle, which will mean that the frame size is perfect for the puzzle, the puzzle will sit perfectly straight and your masterpiece will look premium for a long time. Here are a few tips and instructions for the method you choose.
Professionally Framed Puzzle
If you are framing one of our PieceHouse puzzles, we recommend the following:
- Call your local framer to check they are available and are happy to frame a puzzle for you, as you don't want to turn up and be turned away
- The framing specifications are up to you, however this is what we recommend for our puzzles which you can pass on to your framer if you like:
- Finished frame size: 925mm wide x 700mm high
- Frame width: 22mm wide for the actual frame
- Frame colour: White, oak or black frame colours we feel make the artwork look great
- Matt board: White and 70mm wide
- Glass: The non-glare glass is fantastic as makes the puzzle artwork look even more premium
- Take your puzzle along to your framer either on a puzzle board or roll away puzzle mat, alternatively a large piece of cardboard also works
DIY Framed Puzzle
Here are some instructions for if you would like to frame the puzzle yourself
- Choose a frame that is larger than the puzzle (PieceHouse 1,000 piece puzzles are 750 wide x 520mm high)
- Clean your puzzle - Make sure to dust down your puzzle before following the next steps
- Glue your puzzle - We recommend Mod Podge puzzle glue, we find this is the best in the market, you can purchase this glue from us here. Glue your puzzle together following the instructions provided by your chosen puzzle glue, the glue is applied to the top side of the puzzle and drys clear - don't worry! Then wait for about an hour before you frame the puzzle so the glue is totally dry.
Tip: Glue your jigsaw puzzle on a surface that you don't mind getting a bit of glue on, just in case there is spillage.
- Place your puzzle in the frame, you can double side tape your puzzle to the backing board of your puzzle if you want to make sure it is more secure
- Enjoy your framed masterpiece :)
At PieceHouse we offer fully framed puzzles if you aren't wanting to put the puzzle together yourself, you can let our trusted puzzle enthusiasts complete and frame a PieceHouse puzzle for you, so it is ready for you to just hang on the wall.
See our Framed Puzzles here